The key criterion for choosing arespirator is the health of the operator.The use of respiratory protective devicesthat do not adhere well to the face can haveimportant consequences for the health of those who wear them. Thanks to the wide range of respirators that are available for the Fit Test at Sir Safety System, you can offer your customersdevices that will protect them effectively, different from one another because each face is different.
Why is it important
The protection provided by an Respiratory Protective Device against health risk factors may be compromised by the wrong fit on the wearer's face, resulting in a false sense of safety while using it. The Fit Test is essential to detect any leaks in the fit of the device in order to select and certify the most suitable respirator for the shape of the face and all possible individual differences. At the same time it is a useful tool to raise awareness, educate and train workers.
When it is required
As of 21 December 2021, the Fit Test is mandatory for all PPE tight-fitting facial pieces: filtering half-masks, half-masks
and full masks. The test must be carried out every three years or whenever there are changes in the Respiratory Protective Device or in the user (e.g. new PPE or additional PPE supplied, major facial interventions, changes weight changes, etc.).
Sir Safety System S.p.A supports the customer in the implementation of an effective Fit Test programme, to verify the anatomical conformity of the respirators and to be certain that they meet the tightness requirements, with the issue of appropriate certification according to the standard in force.
The Fit Test conducted using special equipment for analysis (PortaCount) and the Quantitative Method of particle counting is the most secure:
- Applicable to all PPE for which it is mandatory by law;
- Scientific: objective, measurable and reproducible;
- Precise: measuring range of particles with sizes between 0.2 and 1 micron;
- Simple and intuitive: guided execution of 7 simple actions to simulate the real use of the Respiratory Protective Device;
- Fast: total duration of approx. 10 min;
- Clear: numerical result expressed by Fit Factor;
- Traceable: issue of the individual Test Report with three-year validity